A District-Wide Family Wellness Night will be held at Yermo School on WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29, 2023. The event will begin at 4:00 pm and will conclude by 6:00 pm. They’ll be displaying information booths in the cafeteria. There are three adult and three student sessions for adults and children.
There will be snacks and raffles where students can win special prizes such as gift cards, bookmarks, gift bags for their classes, and more. Interested parties should fill out the linked Google form by the end of the day today.
Filling out the Google form isn’t required, but it is helpful for the staff to prepare enough materials for interested parties. Parents will also have childcare options for any younger children attending the event.
Here is a list of the events available:
- Raise Reading Ready Readers: Do You Have What It Takes? Join us for six simple activities you can do at home to help your kid develop their language and reading abilities.
- Identifying & Coping with Everyday Life Stressors: Stress is a regular occurrence in everyone’s life. It’s easy to feel pulled by various emotions while juggling family, school, and career responsibilities. STRESS occurs, but it is a natural occurrence that we have to deal with daily; it’s all about learning how to balance the demands of daily living with healthy mental and physical well-being.
- Don’t Mind Me, Just Trying to Figure Out This Thing Called Parenting: When parents struggle, we can help them practice mindfulness. Teaching moms and dads to identify with their feelings of parenting inadequacies and uncertainty and the understanding that we’re all learning. We’ll look at various approaches for effectively communicating with your child while being OK with “I don’t know what to do.”
- Social Mindfulness: This session will help participants comprehend social influences. Participants will look at how negative forces may impact their decisions. How to effectively talk with your child and be comfortable with “I don’t know what to do” are among the topics covered in this workshop.
- Love and Logic: This parenting program emphasizes the importance of emotions and logic in a child’s development. It helps parents overcome the everyday problems of parenthood to understand better and tackle issues as they arise. Based on decades of clinical expertise, this program will teach you how to implement the most effective parenting techniques for nearly every scenario.
- DIY Playdough: Students will make their ball of playdough and learn how squishing, rolling, pinching, and pounding dough may help them be more attentive.
- Squishy Bags: Students will make squishy bags and learn how to use their senses to achieve mindfulness.
- Calming Bottle: Students will create their soothing bottle and learn to self-regulate and manage feelings.
- Rice Bottles: Students will make their rice bottles to incorporate tactile and other types of play in their self-regulation activities.
- Yoga: Students will practice new yoga skills to enhance their attention and reduce anxiety
Student Hires Programs and Wellness
At Student Hires, we’re committed to providing valuable learning experiences to K-12 students in our community. Led by college students, our hands-on experiential programs are designed to increase the career readiness of disadvantaged youth. We ensure all our students have time to relax and refresh their minds by doing Yoga and creating custom outdoor activities so everyone can get involved.
By partnering with local schools similar to Yermo School, we can reach a wider audience and positively impact the lives of countless students. At Student Hires, we’re shaping the future by empowering the leaders of tomorrow.
Wellness is an important product of an education that needs to be maintained similarly to a student studying and practicing skillsets. Schools holding these programs for their local communities are essential to ensuring the success of every student in the community. So what are you looking for when you attend these Wellness programs? Let us know in the comments below!